Real estate has become a global market, with many organizations having interests throughout the world. This gives rise to a need for advisers with a clear understanding of the way in which real estate markets function and an ability to quickly analyze the systems and institutions that underpin a market. This one-year MSc, with Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) accreditation, recognizes the need for new graduates with an international perspective and offers you invaluable overseas experience via mentor-supported placements.
Why study this course?
– The quickest route to chartered status for those in possession of degrees and
with significantly working experience
– Gain an MSc after 13 months of study to meet the educational requirements for
RICS membership, allowing progression on to the APC
– Develop the core competencies of surveyors and explore their role in key
aspects of business and surveying practice
– Several recommended routes to RICS membership
13 months part-time study (min)
You will undertake a series of the ‘live scenario’ based case studies that will increase in complexity as they progress.
|Case Study 1
||Valuation & Development
|Case Study 2
||Land & Property Management
|Case Study 3
||Investment & Development
|Cast Study 4
||International Real Estate Market Analysis
The case studies engage you in an interactive workshop format in which University staff, visiting practitioners and site visits will provide insights and guidance to enable you to gain knowledge and understanding through investigation, reading and active practical learning. During the international case study, you will visit an overseas destination, and be supported by a mentor in the case study country, through an online tutorial programme and by the course team during visits
Real estate professionals are in great demand and we have achieved very high levels of success in placing new graduates in major urban and rural real estate companies and advisory practices over many years.
Key areas of opportunity in practice include:
– Valuation: from a single property to major portfolios,
– Investment Management: from private client investments to major property funds
– Strategic corporate real estate advice.
– Development advice: appraisal, finance, structuring and project management.
– Agency: from individual property sales, purchases and lettings to portfolio acquisition and disposal.
– Statutory: taxation of capital and revenue, compensation for expropriation and infrastructure development.
– Market infrastructure: advise on market development, regulator and supporting institutions.
It is a matter of discretion for individual employers to recognize any qualification to which this course may lead